Saturday, March 5, 2011

Chillin' at your crib

Today your dad and I worked on your room. It is really taking shape! Thanks to your Great Uncle Mike, the nursery is almost complete as far as furniture goes! We hung the new blinds over your windows, and added some window valances. Your Grams hooked you up with an awesome collection of children's books, that we have been reading to you almost every night. We hung the star and moon sculptures that I have had in my possession probably since I was 13 years old. I finally found a place for them! We bought you another new outfit at Old Navy today. I think you have a total of 6 outfits now! Almost one for each day of the week! Your Aunt J'aime is working on electronic invitations to send out for your baby shower, which will be held at Tower Grove Park on April 30th. Your dad made you an amazing print at his Firecracker Press printmaking class! I can't wait for you to make art with your dad! You two are going to have so much fun together! I hope that you can help him find his child-like creativity. The kind of creativity where one doesn't care what others think about their art, where the process itself is the pleasure. And as for you and me, my little guy, I hope you enjoy baking, because I plan to have you whipping up egg whites and bruleeing sugar as soon as you are able! As I type, you are doing flips and kicking around in my belly. You are also giving me crazy amounts of heartburn! I forgive you, you are worth all of the discomfort! Until next time, Elliott . . . we can't wait to meet you!

Love,

Mom

No comments:

Post a Comment