Friday, July 8, 2011

Grumpihood

Dear Elliott,
 
We don't know each other very well yet. Let's face it, you're almost a tabula rasa.
 
But what has been written so far on the tabula, is excellent. You have the best parents any baby could want. Your grandparents ain't bad either.
 
In no time we'll be best buddies. I'll show you the "laying on of the pinkie" and other sacred rites which are part of this family's faith. You will become an acolyte in the Church of Grumpiness, even as you smile and laugh.
 
I look forward to teaching you piano and many other things. And all the while, we'll be laughing together. There's plenty in this world to smile and laugh about. I'll save the stuff worthy of grumpiness for later.
 
I'm so happy you're here. You've already made a big difference in all our lives.
 
Love,
 
Grumps
 

p.s. I promise to have the toy chest done before you turn 18.

No comments:

Post a Comment